Friday, May 2, 2014

Let me introduce myself.

I'm not even sure where to start so I guess I'll start at the beginning. We are moving to Singapore. We are moving our two little children (ages 5 and almost a year) to Singapore. We are leaving the comforts of our southern Oregon home of 9 years to move to Singapore. It's a little surreal if I'm being honest. Yes, surreal is the best word for it. So here's a little about us . . .
Cherry - That's me! I'm a Stay at Home Mom currently but I used to be a Marketing Coordinator for an engineering firm and a resort/real estate community. I have a Bachelor's degree and I tend to be a little on the nerdy side, or is it geeky, I'm not sure. I find puns and impressions to be the funniest. I also have my private pilot's license (mostly to prove to my hubby I could do it, ha!) I'm very excited to see the world and experience new food, culture and ways of living. I'm most looking forward to running all over the island.
Ross - That's the hubby. He's the reason we are moving (that warrants an entire blog post of it's own.) He has a Master's degree, used to be in the Air Force, has his private pilot's license (yes, he got it first), has tried almost every sport imaginable and loves to "Keep Calm and Chive On". We met in 2002 in Alaska and were married two years later (happy 10th anniversary to us!) He is my total opposite and that has made my life all the better. As the saying goes, "we may not be perfect but we are perfect for each other."
Cade - That's the five year old. He's totally a mini of his daddy: tall, active and always going at full speed. Fun fact, he was born on 3/6/9 and the nerd in me loves that! He admits to being nervous about the move but excited for the water parks. Guess it's time for him to learn to swim.
Elise - That's the almost-one year old. She's more of a mini-me, which is a bit harder to describe. She's just a mama's girl and if food's involved, she's happy. Fun fact about Elise, her birthday is 6/3. She is an opposite of her brother in more ways than just the numbers. It's so crazy to think she'll be turning a year old in Singapore.
This blog is about what happens when a boy from the mid-west and a girl from the west coast become expats in Asia. Did I mention how surreal this is? Here we go!



1 comment: